Dear Ms. Wiscombe: (the lady who has been helping us)
Thank you for your continued interest in Ms. Barker’s case.
The Immigrant Visas Unit has received the required information and Ms. Barker has been scheduled for an immigrant visa appointment on April 28, 2010 at 8:15am. An appointment letter with instructions has been sent by mail to both Ms. Barker and the petitioner.
We hope that this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.
Sincerely,
Consular Information Unit
U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez
Soooo, after waiting for such a long time, we finally have been assigned an interview date. Charbel and I will be meeting in Mexico City on the 25th at the airport where we will stay with her sister and brother-in-law for the night and then on the 26th we will fly to Ciudad Juarez. We hope to be out of that city on the 29th, but may not make it out until the 30th depending on how long it takes for them to deliver her Visa to the local DHL office where we will pick it up.
Anyway, we are pretty excited and just hoping that nothing else goes wrong and that they haven't somehow made a mistake. We hope to actually receive the appointment notice in the mail, because last time they said they sent something (over a month ago) we never received it.
Well, I don't have any more pictures to post, but Charbel is still doing well in her pregnancy and has not been sick for quite awhile. A lot of people are starting to notice her "bump" so she is pretty happy about that.
I'll put any more updates on here, and all we ask is for your prayers and thoughts while we are down in Ciudad Juarez, which last year was ranked as the most dangerous city in the world. I am sure we will be fine, but a few (or a lot) of extra prayers certainly won't hurt. Thanks!!
4 comments:
This made me a little teary, even though I already knew everything in it! So happy that things are coming together!! Love, Mom
we are so excited! We pray for you every day!
I got so emotional when I read what you wrote about meeting at the airport on the 25th. What a great moment that will be for you to be reunited and know that you don't have to be separated again! We are so excited and happy to meet Charbel and for you guys to start this new journey together. We love you!!
I hope this journey comes to end soon for you guys! Also, congrats on the little bundle of joy :)
Post a Comment