11 December 2010

This Weekend

This Saturday our little Benji completed 3 months! He smiles a lot at home with mommy and daddy, but we have realized that when he is around other people he doesn't smile as much. He doesn't cry around them usually either, but he just looks at everyone, observing them. We can tell that he recognizes his mommy and daddy and loves getting all of our attention. He is beginning to learn to recognize things and he is starting to learn how to use his mouth and his hands and he can hold small items in his hands.

A few days ago we noticed that being the good explorer that he is, he found out where his upper lip was. The first time it was really funny, but after he kept doing it, I got a little scared, haha. I don't want to stop him from doing it, but when he does, he looks like he is eating his upper lip. Here is a video that daddy took :)


I also had neglected giving him tummy time, but we are starting to do it again now. He has advanced a lot and he keeps his head up for a long time and he moves around in circles. Sometimes he moves off of the blanket that we put him on. He also is becoming an expert on rolling over when we put him on his tummy.


He also is learning new sleep schedules. Last night he only woke up one time, at 5 AM :) I hope he keeps it up and and keeps sleeping all night. With his Milk Allergy, I think he is improving, because I have been having some cheese and eggs a little bit and he hasn't had any bad reactions lately to it. 

It also appears that his little vibrating chair is getting too small for him and we have to keep an eye on him, because since he learned to roll over in tummy time, he tries to do it in his chair too. Daddy had to keep him from rolling out of it today when he was watching him. He loves chatting with mommy and daddy. We are so lucky that he is our son. We Love You Benji :)


Today Benji and I went to Katie's Bridal Shower. Benji behaved very well and everyone kept saying how cute he is :) It was a lot of fun, especially when I could see that Katie and Forrest know each other very well in one of the games that they prepared. The food was really yummy. I made a Mosaic Jello that everyone liked too and Katie received lots of gifts. It was really fun.



This weekend Daniel also took advantage of a great deal that Kristalyn told us about for a free pair of glasses! He really needed some new ones. He was really excited to have new ones, because he hadn't had new ones for a long time. And what better time to get them then when they are free! When he put them on the first time, I couldn't stop looking at him. He looked so handsome. What do you all think? hahaha


A little bit after the bridal shower, we went out to eat with the soon to be newlyweds Katie and Forrest. We went to a place that they said was yummy, Cyber Gate. Unfortunately on Saturday nights it is more expensive, so we decided to go to a different place - The Pizza Pie Cafe. It was the last time we will eat with these two little love birds before they get married probably :) 



Tomorrow after Church, Daniel is going to take me to see the Temple Lights in Salt Lake City. I am so excited to go and see them!

3 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Benji looks so cute! He reminds me a lot of Mason at that age. Now that you mention it, I remember that he did the same thing...always smiley at home but very serious outside, even at grandma and grandpa's. He was very active too. It was so fun to see Benji's reaction when Daniel walked in. He sure loves his daddy!

Diana said...

I can't believe how big Benji is getting! That video of him sucking his lip is so hilarious! I especially loved Daniel's laughs in the backround =) I can't wait to see you guys!!

Katie said...

haha that last picture of us is so silly! Thanks for going with us to dinner :) Thank you for coming to my bridal shower and being so sweet! :) Benji is so adorable! He is getting so big--he's so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy!