14 February 2011

Our Valentine's Day(s)

Well, as you all have seen in our Facebook pictures, we have had so much fun on this Valentine's day weekend. But why is it so special for us? On February 13th, 2009, Daniel and I met in person for the first time .. yes, yes, when everyone else thought we were crazy, but since that moment we knew that we were right for each other. So, Daniel arrived on the 13th in the evening, so that means that the 14th was our first complete day together.  So, that is why we couldn't let today go by with writing a blog about this day of love.

We are grateful for the love that God has for us.
We are grateful for the love of our families.
We are grateful for the love of our friends.
And of course we are grateful for the love of our little baby, and those that will come in the future.

So, our Valentine's weekend started on Saturday, because today, Monday, Daniel was going to have a very busy day. So we decided to do some fun activities on Saturday that didn't cost too much money. Here are some pictures from what we did.

Good morning Benji "Happy Valentine's Day"



Making some yummy cookies for our husbands, me and a new friend (more about that in another blog)



I also spent sometime while my husband was at work decorating the house for Valentine's day. I know, it looks like a little kid did it, but I had so much fun doing it.



We loved this shirt


The Jimmermania made it to our house, so we couldn't miss the game, especially when we could get 10 dollar tickets. Unfortunately the noise was a bit too much for Benji, so we had to go home at halftime. It was a fun little adventure for our first game.



After the game we went to eat dinner at Chili's, we were helped by a gift card that Daniel won at work, it was from the same activity where he hurt his back. Unfortunately history repeated itself and the noise was too much for Benji and it was too late, and we had to leave at half-hamburger :)

On Sunday we went and ate with the Ford's, but unfortunately we didn't take any pictures. We ate some yummy Hawaiian Haystacks though and had a great time!

Today started with my husband going to School very early, and Benji and I walked outside for awhile because it was such a nice day.


When my husband got home from school, he brought many surprises for me. First, he surprised me by saying that he had to go to a study group, so he would be coming home late from school. Of course, it was just a tiny white lie so that he could go and buy what he needed to make dinner and surprise his wife. 




He brought flowers, Sparkling Grape Juice, Candles, Chocolates, Cheesecake, and of course, the food that he would use to prepare dinner, and of course love. To surprise me, he didn't let me in the kitchen until everything was ready. I have to admit, I had my doubts about how tasty everything would be, and I thought it would be just good. How mistaken I was! It was the most delicious meat I have ever eaten. He marinated it so well that it was heavenly. He was surprised as well at how tasty it was. I think that all of the ingredients helped, but I think what really made the difference was the love that he made it with. 




The delicious cheesecake complemented the meal well. And of course we couldn't eat our food and just make Benji watch, so we fed him his dinner at the same time. We want everyone to know that we are so grateful to have you in our lives and for everything that everyone has done for us, showing us your love. 

Happy Valentine's Day!





5 comments:

Diana said...

I loved reading this! It is so obvious how much love you and Daniel have for each other and for Benji! We love you guys!

Diana said...

I loved reading this! It is so obvious how much love you and Daniel have for each other and for Benji! We love you guys!

Babzanne Barker said...

What a wonderful weekend you had together! I didn't know you had first met on Valentine's Day--how cool!!

Kristalyn said...

WHat a fun weekend! You guys always make everything fun! I love Benji's BYU shirt too. Next time you go to a game, if it's on a Saturday, I will watch Benji so you can stay the whole time! (I work all other nights). THat food looks so good. Another week has gone by. Next time you go for a walk, let me know and hopefully we can meet you!

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

You guys are so great! That steak looks so delicious!