A little while ago we were checking which day would be the best to go and watch the Rockies play against the Diamondbacks. We wanted to go on Friday because it was going to be a fireworks night, but it was too late for Benji, so we wouldn't get to see the fireworks anyway. So we decided to go on Saturday night instead.
We got there a little early to watch the teams warm up a little bit (and to see how Benji would behave during the game). Ok, everything started out alright .. ok, ok, it was not good at all. The Rockies pitcher looked nervous and from the very beginning we knew it would be a bad game. We were surround by Diamondback fans and Daniel had his Rockies shirt and I had my Rockies hat, and Daniel also warned me not to insult the other team or say anything to annoy the other fans.. Of course I didn't listen :) It only took them putting the name of Tulowitski on the big screen and I started screaming and Benji saw his mommy transform. And when he hit a home run mommy cheered so loud (and the diamondback fans looked at me as if telling me with there eyes of their disapproval, hehe Daniel also looked at me like that, He said that when he is at Coors Field and other fans are obnoxious he gets annoyed, so that is why he said for me not to do it, hehe). But stop, But I went to the game to cheer on my team, and the Rockies are my team, unfortunately, it didn't last long because when I cheered so loud, I scared my little baby and he started to cry so loud because he didn't recognize his mommy yelling so loud. So we had to get up and walk around and take him to the playground so he could have fun playing and watching the other little kids.
Later, we went back to our seats and it was a great time to eat some junk food - Nachos, Qdoba Burritos, and Pop :) Almost everything was great, Almost.. because the Rockies had a horrible game and to add insult to injury, when we were leaving in the 8th inning because Benji was getting tired, the Diamondback player hit a grand slam and the final score was 12-3, and that made me think tha the Rockies need some better pitchers in the future, I think it is time to start preparing our little Benji to be a pitcher. I know that he has inherited his Daddy's talent for Baseball and the love for Baseball from his grandparents :) So guys, get ready to have the best pitcher in the Major leagues in 2030, but for now we will just have to watch him progress and start to play.
PS: This player needs a Rockies shirt to start his journey, anyone want to get him one? hehe jk
Columbine 27 Years Later
3 months ago







3 comments:
I went to the game last night too! I'm a true Rockies fan at heart but since living in Arizona for awhile now I'm a little bit of a Diamondbacks fan too. But more for the Rockies :) I was sad they were losing last night. Sounds like you guys had fun! Don't you love the air conditioned inside stadium? I do :)
I love your blog! What a sweet family!
This post made me smile =) I love that you cheered nice and loud =)
Post a Comment