Ok, one week has gone by since we have been here and we are getting used to it. We have had good cloudy days in which we could go out and see some of the city. One of the things that we found that was different when we got here, was that the water didn't taste very good. (At first I thought it was just me, because when I was in Provo, I thought the water wasn't that good either, but really, that water there is better than it is here). So we bought a brita filter to put on the tap, and the problem was solved!
We have been able to enjoy the swimming pool to ourselves (most people aren't at the pool during the day time hours). But we also have procrastinated getting to know our exercise facility hehehe. The truth, we admit we are lazy. Benji loves being mischievous and getting into trouble. And on Sunday we were able to go to our new ward! The people were very nice and welcoming. (Secretly, we like it better than the last ward) The Bishop lives in our Apartment Complex (another reason why I feel different here is because most people aren't members of the Church), He said that the families that live here get together a lot to have barbecues and stuff like that, awww. (more about Church in another blog).
Moving on with our house. We have news, almost everything is ready, I said almost, because we still have been lazy in getting everything set up, but the majority is ready. I still remember when we got here and we couldn't walk without stepping on something in the floor. The next day I got up as early as I could to start putting everything away that I could thinking that Benji was going to get hurt with something, so I didn't mind having my body so sore that day so long as I could get rid of the dangerous things for Benji, while my sweet husband took care of Benji, what a great help!
After a few days we had a few things set up, and now our apartment looks like this:
Yeah, I know, I can never take very good pictures, but I try (or maybe one day my husband will surprise me with a picture taking class like I ask him, hehehehe) We still aren't finished, but I feel so comforted that we are okay and for the record, Benji once again has the biggest room, the biggest bathroom, and the biggest closet. All that because the crazy parents say that it is further from the front entrance and so it is safer :)













4 comments:
I love all the changes you made to your blog! Your new apartment is gorgeous! You are so good at decorating. I love your new couch too! I am so glad that you guys are getting settled in and that you like your new ward. Keep the blog posts coming! =)
The new apartment looks awesome!! !I"m so jealous! It looks you guys are adjusting well. And I love the new look of your blog, you did such a good job!
Your blog looks really good! I have been reading all of your posts, but this is the first time commenting. I love your apartment. It should be a very nice home for the next three years! I'm so glad that you like your new ward; it will be nice to have some friends in your apartment. I can't believe how big Benji is getting in just a few weeks! It looks like he is adjusting well!
Your place looks great!! You got everything together quick :) Yes the water here is yucky, don't drink the tap water. Good idea on the brita filter though. I'm not sure where you guys are living but in Mesa and Gilbert where I live, there are mormons EVERYWHERE! Almost like Utah!! I'm glad you liked your ward and you guys are getting settled.
Post a Comment