With just a few days to go until Benji's first birthday, I can't help but write the memories that are on my mind.
When Daniel and I got married, we decided to have a baby as quickly as possible. My family thought that it was really fast. But it didn't matter, we wanted to have a baby. So, four months after we got married, we found out that we were pregnant. Daniel was back in the United States when I bought the pregnancy test and he was waiting on the other end of the telephone waiting for the results. We were both so nervous! After a few minutes, the result came back positive, and since I was with my mom, my cousin and my sister-in-law we all screamed with excitement. Daniel wanted to wait until I checked it with the doctor to be sure, but we couldn't wait and that is when we told everyone.
Daniel and I knew that our life was going to change forever at that moment. And even though we were very excited for our baby, we were sad and a little worried, because we still didn't know when we were going to get news about my visa. We trusted that the baby would bring us luck and that we would have our interview soon to be with daddy forever. Unfortunately, the time went by really slow and Daniel missed some wonderful moments, like the first ultrasound and Benji's first movements. :( But I also was lucky enough to have a compassionate baby and I didn't have hardly any problems (I feel bad when mom's have such bad sickness with their pregnancies. I can't say anything about that because I was never sick.). I just remember that my appetite grew a lot and being tired was a normal part of my day. I had five ultrasounds in four months and see how the baby was growing. And the best part was that I found out quickly that he would be a precious little boy.
Daniel and I talked on the phone every day, and many times per day. (another expense that we had) And he was always aware of when I was going to the Dr's office, and he always had me send him the pictures from the ultrasounds through email and he asked me all of the details. When the Doctor saw the baby's gender, he said "hmmm, it looks like this little girl has three legs!" and I answered, horrified "What?" and he then told me that he was just kidding and that it was a boy, and congratulations. It was the most memorable moment, because from that point on, I knew that it would be a little boy that I would love. From that moment, we began to look for names everywhere!
Finally the moment arrived that we could be with daddy, after all of the paperwork that we had to do. And it seemed like Benji recognized him, because the first picture that I took when I got to the United States, my belly looked bigger, and everyone in Mexico said that the baby just wanted to be with daddy to grow more. And it was true. Benji moved and moved and moved every time that daddy talked and sang to him. He was a crazy little boy before he was born, and if he stopped moving daddy asked "is my baby okay?" and I would tell him yes, and he would say "but why isn't he moving?" And then Benji would immediately answer by giving me a big kick to the ribs. This little crazy boy loved fruit so much. We would spend 30 dollars a week just for fruit and plums were the favorite. It didn't matter what time it was, even at 3 or 4 in the morning I had to get up to eat or he wouldn't stop moving around constantly, and of course daddy got up with us to eat sometimes too. :)
I was fortunate to have a husband who always took care of me and asked if I was okay and who went walking with me when I asked him, and going to the store to get more fruit if I need, and comforting me when I was crying (a lot), and also an overprotective daddy with his baby, because he didn't stop asking me every 5 minutes if the baby had been moving. It was such a beautiful pregnancy - no sickness, and a lot of comforting. And after looking around a little bit, we found the perfect name for this little boy ....
Benjamin - which means the first born, or the favorite son.
Jayden - which means, gift from God
We are so blessed to have been able to create this sweet little boy who is so perfect for us. And we can't believe how fast the time has passed.
To be continued...
Columbine 27 Years Later
6 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment