22 November 2010

A little about me :)

Well, I know that my efforts in English haven't been too good and I can't communicate very well with everybody, but I wanted everyone to know a few curious things about me.

1. My name is Charbel, and the meaning in Mexico comes from Saint Charbel, and it is a male name. When my parents chose my name they chose it from a book of Catholic saints and they didn't know that it was a male saint hehehehe. That reason, and because I think it's weird, is one of the reasons why I have always hated my name.

2. My real birth date is August 21, 1986, but just like in my mom's and my brother's birth certificate, their are errors, and my birth date on their shows that I was born on August 21, 1985, we never changed it because it costs too much money and is too difficult to do there.

3. For some reason, I don't have any pictures from when I was a baby. No one has been ever to give me a good reason for that. But my siblings always made me cry by telling me that I didn't have any pictures because I was adopted.

4. I remember that when I was young, I only could fall asleep with a song that my dad would sing to me over and over again at night. When he finished, I would always say "One more time!" so that he ended up singing it like 8 times each night. I don't think I fell asleep because I liked the song, I think it was because I got bored of hearing it so much.

5. I always was a good student, in fact my parents always bragged about me and were proud of my excellent grades. One year there was a real cool Barbie doll that I wanted and I asked my parents if they would buy it for me. They told me that if I was the number one student in my class that year and got good grades that they would buy it for me. That was my motivation all year and at the end of the year the principle went to my house to personally give my report card to my parents. I thought I would get the Barbie doll, but I never ended up getting it :(

6. I always have been a perfectionist and want everything to be done perfectly when I do it.

7. I think that I cook well (at least my husband says so) and I like to invent new foods.

8. Daniel has always said that I am good at doing jobs that usually men do, like helping to put in some of the outlets in the house, change bicycle chains, and cutting the grass with a machete :) (not here, but in Mexico hehe)

9. I always was the "rebel" of my siblings. I wanted to study in the university (in Mexico, not many women do that), I have a different religion than everyone else in my family, and I always rebelled against injustices.

10. I am not afraid of insects, (I usually kill the insects at home :) ) But I am disgusted by and afraid of mice and snakes.

11. Before I met Daniel, I was planning on going to Holland to live with my aunt, because her husband is the owner of a travel agency and had offered me a job there. (Maybe one day we will live there ;) lol )

12. I don't like getting my picture taken, because I never look good in them hahaha.

13. I identify a lot with AJ's character, I like to say things how they are (Especially that day in the park with the dog, I wanted to say what AJ did, but Daniel told me not to :)) Well, maybe when I know English better you all will think differently of me :) hehe

14. I love Spicy Food!

3 comments:

Katie said...

This was so fun to read! I feel like I learned lots about you. I always have thought your name was so beautiful :)

Diana said...

I loved reading this and learning things about you that I didn't know! I'm so glad you are in our family =)

Babzanne Barker said...

Thank you for sharing all those things with us, Charbel! It was fun to get to know you better and learn so many new things about you. And we really do all think your name is beautiful--just like you!