18 February 2011

Surprise in the mailbox

In one of my earlier posts, someone said that they knew that I would have ups and downs and today just happened to be one of those down days. Everything that has happened with my grandma has made me think about what if something else happened to someone in my family and I couldn't go, and I also feel like we have to wait awhile before going to Mexico. I know that it is kind of dangerous now, and it may not be the best place to take my baby, but I don't know what to do. If only I could bring my whole family here, haha, impossible :(.

Well the morning started with Daniel going to school, and I started to feel sad again. Yes, I need to do new things, and invent new things to keep myself occupied to not have free time to think about sad things. Last night I was thinking a lot about when my dad told me that my grandma had passed away and how sad it was to talk to my family members that day. I couldn't believe it when my dad said that over 800 people had gone to her funeral. So, all day I was thinking about her and how much I miss my family.

The surprise magically arrived in our mailbox today. I received this little gift...




On the inside of the box was this necklace with my Grandmother's name engraved on it. It was very special for me and for some reason, the person who gave it to me wants to remain anonymous. But I know who it was, and I will be eternally grateful, because it made my day better knowing that someone was thinking about me. 

I know that many people have gone through what I am. .  A new country, a new culture, a new language, and a family that is far away. The people who know me tell me, you will get used to it soon, and I know that I will, because I have my Daniel and my Benji who are the most important people in my life. I will continue missing my family for some time, but when the day comes that I can see them, I will hug them and tell them just how much I love them. 


2 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

This beautiful blog made me cry! You are very special to all of us and we love you very much. Even though it must be very hard being so far away from home, we hope you know we are so grateful that you are part of our family, too. Love you lots!! Mom

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

What a sweet gesture. I think that necklace is beautiful! :)