I took a small list to only buy a few things, because we didn't want to spend too much. However, once we got there, we realized that there were a lot of other things that we had forgotten to put on the list. We spent about 2 hours there walking around and trying to find the best prices and the things that we needed and also leaving behind a few things that weren't necessary.
When we finished our shopping and we got to the checkout, we realized that we had a lot of stuff, and the cart was full. And there were a lot of things for our little Benji, now that he is eating solid foods and we also needed to get his diapers. I can't deny that when we walked towards the cashier, I was feeling frustrated that we weren't able to save as much as we wanted to this time.
The surprise arrived when the lady who was in front of us paid for her groceries and she turned around and saw Benji, and said, "He is so beautiful!" I smiled at her and said thank you, but Daniel and I couldn't stop thinking about our groceries and Daniel asked me "How much do you think it is". We always play the price is right with our groceries :) The lady in front of us walked out of the store with her three little girls, and after a few minutes she came back in. I was surprised when I saw Daniel's face and I asked him what she had said. He turned to me and told me that she asked if it was okay if she paid for our groceries.
She told Daniel that about five years ago when she and her husband had just had their twin girls, someone came up and offered to pay for all of their groceries, which she said were a lot, and she had promised the person that day that she would return to the favor to someone else as soon as she could. Well, after seeing us there with a conveyor belt full of groceries, she decided that today was the day that she would help someone else.
We were so surprised and so grateful as well. Daniel asked her about 5 or 6 times if she was sure, because there were a LOT of groceries, and she just smiled and said that she was sure.
Without a doubt we will pass on this blessing to someone else who is going through something similar one day when we are able to as well. We didn't know that lady, but wherever she is, we thank her and may God bless her.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, tears!! What a wonderful humbling expereince for you guys! I have no doubts that you will pay it forwad someday. She picked the perfect little family to pay it forward to =)
So almost every day your blogs are making me cry! What a sweet experience for you (and for her, too.)
Wow, I have never heard of anything like that happening. How wonderful! Heavenly Father must be watching out for you!
This made my cry! How sweet. It reminds me of a song called "the chain of love". Daniel will remember it I think :)
I totally cry every time I read this! that is such a huge blessing, I hope to be able to do something so kind one day, too!
Post a Comment