Last week, the oven part of our oven stopped working. We aren't sure what happened, but our landlord kindly lent us his small portable electric oven to use. Other times I have told Daniel to ask the Landlord if we can get a new oven because our's didn't work well, but he always answered "we pay so little, I feel bad asking". So I just got used to cooking in our's that sent smoke through the house.
Our landlord is a lonely man, and sometimes at first I was scared when he would just knock on our door to come over and tell Daniel stories about what was going on in his life. One thing I admire about my husband, is that no matter what happens, the day that rent is due, he pays it. This seems logical, but the landlord tells us that he has had people living in his house before us that never paid him anything, and one even owed him over 9000 dollars in rent!
Sometimes we feel awkward because at Church he tells everyone how we are going to give him a heart attack because we actually pay the rent on time. I suppose that that is why, when Daniel went to pay the rent this time, he surprised us by saying that he was going to use the rent to buy a new oven for our side of the house! It's great to be able to cook now without sending smoke throughout the whole house and with all of the stove tops working, and the best part, having everything clean.
Today I tried out our new oven by making these delicious enchiladas that Daniel and I love. Yummy!
Columbine 27 Years Later
6 months ago
4 comments:
What a great surprise! I can't believe that he had so many bad tennants before you guys! I bet he hopes that you guys never move out =)
I am so glad you got a new oven, that looks so nice! You guys have been so blessed lately!
I am thrilled you have an oven that doesn't smoke and the stove top burners all work! I bet your landlord was so happy he could replace that for you, too.
Having a new CLEAN oven just makes you want to cook!!! Well...It did for me!
Post a Comment