29 July 2011

Unexpected reunion

I had been thinking about a way to send a few things to my mom in Mexico, but after investigation we found that it cost more to send the package, then it would for the things that we would be sending. So I remembered that my friend, Ozma, was going to Minatitlan in two weeks! So I thought, what better way to send it then to send it with her. But, ok, she lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband, but we are from the same stake and city in Mexico and we are good friends. Too bad we ended up living far away from each other here in the United States.





When we talk we always talk about being able to see each other, but up until now we hadn't been able to and she has been here for about a year now, and I got here a little bit before her. This week they were traveling to Utah for a family reunion on her husband's side of the family. But we are not in Utah anymore so we weren't going to be able to see them. But, when they checked their tickets, they saw that they had a layover at the airport in Phoenix (which is close to our apartment) And what better way to give them the package then in person!










 We were able to spend a pretty good amount of time at the airport with them while they waited for their flight and we were able to talk about a lot of things, and it felt so nice to be able to see and talk with someone that I know and she is going to Minatitlan soon. Ahh, It makes me remember so much from when I was there. We talked as much as we could before they had to go, but we decided to try and see each other again soon.








And of course, since there wasn't enough time to talk in the airport for too long, in the night we had a long phone call to gossip even more, hehehe.

3 comments:

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I'm so glad you were able to see her! What a fun reunion for you guys :)

(And since you guys live so close to the airport, you can come see us on our layover when we go to North Carolina in August--I think we have a random one there!)

Babzanne Barker said...

How fun to see old friends! And I've been meaning to tell you guys that I really really need a new five by seven of Benji--and I love the one of him you have at the top of the blog! If you can order me a copy to Costco or Target I'll go pay for it and pick it up. Thanks!!

AJ and Cindy said...

how fun to see good friends, it sounds like you guys are really enjoying life right now! :)