31 July 2011

The lord's love through music...

A few days ago on pioneer day we went to musical concert organized by the stake missionaries. It was wonderful!.

One of the missionaries is a professional singer and pianist and sang with others that were invited.  I felt the Spirit very strongly and the singers and songs were very special. We also saw Church videos that were very touching, and this makes me think that the music brings the Spirit and they help us to feel very close to the lord.

After that wonderful concert, a family from the ward invited us to go and eat a delicious lemon pie at their house, and we were able to chat and discuss the beautiful program that we were able to watch.

Sometimes I feel sad or worried and the hymns make me feel better quickly, and I always like to listen my favorite song "Abide with me, 'tis eventide"  and those moments are relaxing for me and I think that music is a gift from God. :)

3 comments:

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I agree. I think music is one of the best ways to feel the spirit. My favorite thing to do is listen to church hymns. Whenever I am sad or worried, forrest will sing my hymns until I feel better, or fall asleep :) We are definitely so blessed that Heavenly Father gave us all since a wonderful gift such as music.

Babzanne Barker said...

Charbel, I feel the same as you do about Church music--it really does bring the Spirit into our homes and uplifts us when we're feeling down. And one of my favorite hymns has always been "Abide With Me, Tis Eventide." It sounds like you had a great evening!

Babzanne Barker said...

PS Everytime I open your blog and see that beautiful picture of Benji I keep thinking how much I need a copy of it! Any chance you could send me one--or order it and I'll happily go and pick it up!