1. You have to make reservations a long time in advance (like 6 months or so)
2. The only available hotels were about 1 hour from the Grand Canyon, and they costed about 300 dollars. (outside of our budget, haha)
3. We wouldn't be able to see everything in the one day that we would have.
Well, I proposed to Daniel that it would be cool to go to a spa to relax and do a couples massage, something that I considered romantic, since it was our anniversary, but since we are far away from the family and we have a crazy little boy who is starting to learn to walk, we can't make many plans for just two people! Who could watch him? That was our dilemma.
After checking out a few options, we gave up and I told Daniel it would be okay just to go out to dinner. But, he got a great deal for a Hilton Resort in Scottsdale. It would be good, because being in a hotel always feels like being on vacation. Our plan was to get away from the tiring weekly routine and to take advantage of this time to be together!. But, for those that don't know, our anniversary and my birthday are on the same day! A good thing about that is that if you remember one, you remember the other one, and I always get a double surprise ehehe.
Friday afternoon (which also was our Civil marriage anniversary, because in Mexico they do the Civil Marriage before the Temple Marriage) we went to a big mall to spend some of my birthday money that I got from Grandma and Grandpa Park. (They have this tradition and are always thinking about those that they love) Then we bought the things we had planned for the week, and we came home so that Daniel could have his study time...
On Saturday, our day started going shopping at 12 (in the morning Daniel had his study hours again). And I spent my gift card that mom and dad sent me for my birthday. Of course, my generous husband also gave me money so that I could buy more things that I needed. Then we came back home and packed a few things up, and Daniel surprised me with a new digital camera just for me! It surprised me so much, because he had given me so many things already (with the money he gave me) that I wasn't expecting that. But he knew how much I wanted a camera, because a few weeks ago I was carrying my camera with me (its always in my purse to take pictures of Benji) and the water from Benji cup spilled all over my purse and the camera that we had before was in there and it stopped working :( So, Daniel knew that I wanted a new one, but we were talking about getting me a really nice camera like that one I wanted for Christmas, but he decided to get me another one sooner, because he knew we couldn't be without a camera for so much time. Thank you honey!
And then we left for the resort. It was so comfortable when we got there. The best part was that Benji was still sleeping and the air conditioning was at 67 degrees (something that we can't do at home to save energy, haha) But unfortunately, when we were ready to relax and rest a little bit, Benji decided to have a bad day. He only wanted mom to hold him, it didn't matter if dad had him and mom was next to him, he kept reaching his hands out for mom, time after time. Maybe it is because he is starting to get his top teeth. After trying to calm him down a little bit, we went out to eat for our anniversary dinner! We ate a lot of food and everything was so yummy. By then, Benji was better, and he had fun too. When we got back, we were exhausted from walking around all day and we decided to relax a little bit. We took our swimming suits, but we didn't use them, because we were too tired to swim. :)
In the morning, we decided to eat breakfast at IHOP. Daniel told me about the tradition that he had with his siblings to eat there on New Year's morning. It was a good place, and everyone was so nice, but there were a lot of people there so we had to wait a little while. After enjoying breakfast, leaving the restaurant we ran into a couple of really nice people who couldn't stop saying how cute Benji was and how beautiful his big eyes were. A little later, we decided to return home, relax, and I answered all of the messages, phone calls, and texts that I got for my birthday and anniversary.
Benji took a long 3 hour nap, and I had to go and wake him up, if not, he may have slept even longer. Daniel took advantage to do his study hours again, and I tried to rest a little bit. It was a wonderful celebration. My husband always has sweet words for me and he shows me his love with everything that he does. I can't say how grateful I am for finding him and because he is part of my eternity. I love you honey. Happy Anniversary too!!!

3 comments:
you guys are so cute! Happy Birthday AND anniversary! I know you don't know me and neither does Benji but maybe we can get together soon and then if you ever need a babysitter I'm close by. I'm sure it's hard not having family close but just know that if you ever need anything I can try to help!
I just loved reading this! You guys are so cute, and I love that it was so inportant to you to celebrate your anniversary in a fun way =) Yay for getting a new camera! That would have been hard to go without one until Christmas!
Happy (late) Birthday!!
Post a Comment