07 August 2011

What a weekend!

This weekend was very tiring. Since Daniel is going to start orientation this week at school in which he will be gone all day :(, we wanted to take advantage of this weekend to buy a couple of things, wash the car, and to spend some time with some new friends.

So, we decided to meet as a few couples in the ward. There were six couples that went and we had a Barbecue, talked and got to know each other better.
Three of the couples have kids and Benji had fun playing with them. There were so many toys, so many things to stick in his mouth, and unfortunately, lots of things to break. Even though everything was so fun, I think I should talk to a small thing that Benji did in that house that made me feel so bad.
In the wall at the house there was a wallpaper on the wall that had a little hole in it. Benji saw a little toy car near the wall and I went with him to help him get in, but I don't know in what moment I turned away and Benji stuck his little finger in the hole and he ripped off a piece of the wallpaper. Even though the owners of the house said many times that it didnt' matter, because their little baby had already started the hole, and they tried to make me feel better, I couldn't help but cry a little bit.
I know it seems strange to cry about something like that, but I felt so bad because I am always careful that Benji doesn't break things or touch things in other people's houses, or in our house.
I felt bad because I was right next to him and I didn't know how that could happen! Even though everyone was nice to me, I felt bad after that happened, and Daniel tried to console me, and I suppose it wasn't so bad, but I always will be more careful with what Benji does. I know that babies are curious, but we still always have to be careful to teach them what they should and shouldn't do.







You might notice the hole Benji made in the wall paper behind us


    Benji Lightyear                                                          

It was a fun weekend, but very tiring too. This week the new adventure begins with Daniel starting school very soon, but we know that our families are supporting us in this new path that we are taking. :)

5 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Charbel you are so sweet! I remember once I was at a friends house with my kids and they were drinking bright red kool aid. They were at the kitchen table, but the table was right next to the family room. Alexis's cup spilled and got all over the carpet. I was mortified and felt so bad!! I could tell that the mom was really mad even though I kept saying how sorry I was over and over. Accidents happen though! I am glad that they were understanding! I hope you know that it wasn't your fault and it's ok! =) You're a great mommy =)

Babzanne Barker said...

Dear sweet Charbel! You are such a good mom! And Benji is such a sweet adorable little boy. You are doing a great job! (Children are so fast!!)

Jaimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimee said...

Hi Charbel! I got your address off of Collette's blog. I hope you don't mind. That was a fun weekend. Your baby is so cute! It's difficult to be mad at a baby as cute as him. :)

AJ and Cindy said...

I would totally cry, too! I would feel so bad, but it sounds like your friends are very sweet! I am so glad you are making new friends and getting out, sounds like AZ has been good to you so far!! :)