A few days ago a group of sisters from our ward started planning on going to the relief society broadcast and to go out and get some dessert after. It seemed like a pretty good idea. But, during the week I was a little bit stressed out watching the news from Mexico and worrying about my family and everything that is going on down there and today I started to feel a little bit down. The truth, things just started getting worse today and I was crying a lot. :(
My husband comforted me like always, but I wasn't being very easy to comfort. I was thinking about a lot of things and that wasn't helping me. So I thought for a minute about sending the girls a message that I wasn't going to be able to go with them. But Daniel insisted that I go and he told me that I should go and that it would be good for me and that the talks that I was going to listen to would be talking to me and telling me something I needed to hear. So, at the last minute, I decided to get ready as fast as I could to arrive on time. I went with that mentality, that I would be able to hear the right words to comfort me in some talk. :)
So, when I got to the house where we were meeting, we all went together in the same car to the stake center. We got comfortable and then it was time for the meeting to start. I listened to the first few talks hoping that I would hear the words that my husband told me I would hear. And when the second talk started I was trying harder to not fall asleep than I was to listen. But when I was about to fall asleep, I felt like someone squeezed my shoulder, and I looked up fast, because I thought it was one of the sisters sitting beside me. And that is when all of my feelings opened up and I was awake as ever. And that is when President Uchtdorf began to talk. I couldn't stop crying from the time that he started. I was crying and crying and every word that he said was what I needed to hear and I felt like they were directed right at me. So that is when I understood a lot of things, and when I realized how special I really am.
I am grateful that the sisters included me in the group even though I couldn't communicate very well. Everyone was so nice to me and treated me really well. After the broadcast we went to the Claim Jumper and the food was delicious. We spent some time without husbands or kids and it was a girls night out. We laughed and sang and danced in the car. While we were in the restaurant, my husband sent me lots of messages to cheer me up and making sure that I was okay and having fun and letting me know how Benji was doing.
In my mind I was hoping that I could get home before my little baby went to sleep. So when I got home I found a sweet note with a single flower and some chocolates that were there waiting for me telling me how special I was for them. And reminding me that I am very important to my family. Also, my wonderful husband cleaned the kitchen completely and cleaned up the house so that his wife would find a clean house and would feel relaxed and showing me how much he loves me.
Now, I want to tell everyone who is reading this to enjoy every moment with your family and don't let any situation get you down and make you feel unimportant, and if you didn't see President Uchtdorf's talk, I invite you to read it or watch it and give thanks to God for being mother and a wife in such a wonderful family like that one that I have. :)
Columbine 27 Years Later
3 months ago


3 comments:
I just watched President Uchtdorf's talk and it really was an amazing one. I'm glad that you decided to go to the conference, even though you didn't want too--I know you were blessed for going. It looks like you had fun going out for dessert, and I'm so happy that you've found some great friends in Arizona. I miss you! You are such a wonderful example.
I also had a hard time staying awake, until President Uchtdof's talk. It was such an inspiring talk. I am so glad that you decided to go, and that you were able to find some comfort. I am so sorry that your family has been in danger and that you are having such a hard time. I have been praying for you and your family. I love you!
I cried when I read your beautiful, blog, Charbel. I'm so glad you listened to your sweet,inspired husband and went to the conference-- (and I'm also glad he cleaned the kitchen and planned surprises for you while you were gone!) President Uchtdorf's talk was so inspired and uplifting--just what I think we all needed to hear. Love you lots!!
Post a Comment