I can't believe that today is the last day of October and that today is Halloween! I was reminded thanks to a "nice" man who knocked on the door so hard that it seemed like he was going to knock it down while I was taking a nap with my baby. Daniel said that he was getting home late tonight because he had a meeting with one of his professors, so while I was taking a nap from far away I heard someone knocking on something, and when I woke up completely I realized that it was my door that was being knocked on so loudly. I ran to Benji's room to take him out of his crib, but he was already awake, pointing towards the front door and with a scared look on his face. In that moment I was still a little sleepy and didn't remember that today was Halloween, so I looked through the peephole on our door and there was a monster standing in front of my door! It was a huge man with a mask and a dark wig. Of course I was now completely awake and I remembered it was Halloween - I still didn't open the door though.
Daniel told me when he got home from school that he had seen them leaving the apartment complex and he was with a bunch of kids, but when I looked through the door I couldn't see any children. But now that that bad experience is over, we can move onto the better part of this blog.
I love this tradition that my mother in law had with her kids every Halloween - A Halloween Dinner! Of course I want to adopt it for my family too. This time the menu was: Ghost Blood (Horchata), Bat Wings (Chicken Wings with homemade wingers sauce), Witch Hair (Spaghetti), Veins (Twizzlers), Zombie Eyes (Grapes), Skeleton Fingers (Flaming Hot Cheetos), and Cemetery Stones (Baked Potatoes). It was so fun to prepare everything and it will be even more fun in the coming years!
And for the record - even though this year we didn't carve pumpkins (Because everyone already knows I don't like them) I decided that next year we will decorate pumpkins instead, and since we ran out of time this year I didn't want to miss the opportunity to decorate a little pumpkin for benji and make him a lego castle. :)
Columbine 27 Years Later
3 months ago



2 comments:
That Monster staring back at you must have been quite a shock!! LOL I admit I did laugh a little though when I read it =) Your dinner sounds yummy! I wish we all lived closer so that we could celebrate together!
How fun! We didn't have time for a halloween dinner this year :( But we will in the future. I'm glad you guys got to do this!
Post a Comment