30 October 2011

Trunk Or Treat


We went to the most awesome trunk or treat ward activity yesterday! It was really well organized and the people who planned it put a lot of effort into it. There were a lot of people there with lots of fun costumes. There were a lot of little kids too and a lot of yummy food ... and of course, lots of candy!







We took the delicious "Barker" chili and it was a hit! A few days before, I decided that we weren't going to buy any halloween costumes for Daniel and I because it wasn't in our budget, and because we figured there would be other years when Benji will be bigger and we can all enjoy dressing up more. But, since it is Halloween, we decided to buy these cute t-shirts ...


We had a lot of fun and it was really fun walking around with Benji to all the cars so he could ask for some candy for him (I guess it was more for us than for him :) hehehe )






 On the way home Daniel convinced me that since it is Halloween we could let Benji eat at least one chocolate, so I agreed. But I think it was a bad idea, because he went crazy with all of the sugar and he wanted all of the candy that was in his bucket. He cried and cried until he gave up realized he wasn't getting any more before bed.



I love all of the traditions here in this country, and I want to teach my son to love two different cultures and two different types of traditions. What a lucky boy! :)

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

trunk or treats are so much fun! I liked your t-shirts, they are funny and BEnji looks adorable in his costume!