Our day started very early when Daniel, very excited, got ready to go to his traditional turkey bowl. He had been waiting so long to play and was so excited to participate this year, because last year the weather wasn't very good to get up so early. But here, in Arizona the weather was perfect (if Arizona had this weather all year, it would be a perfect place to live). This weather was perfect for Daniel to show his playing skills and he came home excited because he made 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions and he was telling me about it all morning! Even though he came home sore and with a hurt ankle, he told me that hurting himself was one of his traditions too, haha.
While Dad was playing football, Benji and I relaxed and watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade in our Pajamas and entertaining ourselves making some cute Thanksgiving crafts.
After waiting a little while for daddy, we decided to get ready to go out. By this point, Benji was getting restless. We went to IHOP for our "pre-thanksgiving dinner breakfast" and it was very yummy and we could feel Thanksgiving in the air.
We decided to come home to rest a little bit and we planned on going to the park to walk a little bit. Unfortunately, our plan to go to the park got cancelled because we all fell asleep for a long time! And when we woke up it was time to make the food that we were going to make for our Thanksgiving Dinner with the Mickelsens.
When we got to their apartment, we were greeted by sweet Chloe. Benji fell in love with her from the very beginning. But after some time it looked like she was a little bit afraid of Benji. Benji was so happy to be able to play with a cute little puppy, and it gave us a preview of how he might act around Cruz when we are in Colorado over Christmas break!
We are so excited for the invitations to go and share Thanksgiving that we got, but without a doubt this Thanksgiving that we shared with Conrad, Hailey, and Chloe was priceless. The turkey was delicious - I admit that I didn't know how good it would be, but I was impressed. All of the food was so good and we are grateful that they gave us some of the leftovers to bring home and enjoy all over again. Seriously, the drink that they prepared was addicting - I think I had four cups of it and when I finished my pants almost weren't fitting the same, haha. We definitely missed our families, but having good friends made it better!
Thanks guys for spending thanksgiving with us! :)













2 comments:
I am so glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving and that you had good friends to spend it with. We missed you guys so much :( I hope we can see you all soon...and Benji is looking soooo handsome! That picture of him crying totally reminds me of Daniel..haha
Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving with your friends. Sorry I invited you guys so last minute but I'm just glad you had people to spend it with. That is a really cute dog! Perfect size for Benji :)
Post a Comment