Have I ever mentioned the fear that I have of going to the dentist?
Well, for the past couple of weeks, I have had a lot of pain in my molars. But I had refused to go, with the excuse that we didn't have any dental insurance yet. But as soon as it was approved, I knew that the day that I would have to go would arrive soon. I tried to keep the pain under control by taking ibuprofen daily, but it got so painful that I couldn't resist going anymore.
Initially, my appointment was for November 14th, but since it was hurting quite a bit this weekend, I decided to ask for a sooner appointment. Daniel was cooperative and supported me by eating soups and mashed potatoes so that I wasn't in so much pain eating. But today was the day and from the moment I entered the dentist's office, there hasn't been anything but pain. From the x-rays, to the poking and prodding of the dentist, and even now I can still feel it. But unfortunately, I will need more than just a routine checkup and I will have to go back as soon as possible so that they can kill a nerve in one of my teeth and then fill the cavity that is causing so much pain. For some reason, I have to do the procedures in parts, because doing it all at once would be too painful.
This week Daniel has been so busy with school that he couldn't take me to the dentist, but we are so grateful for the friends we have at church who are always willing to help, and we are sure that anyone we asked would be willing. So today, a very nice sister named Melissa was willing to take me to the Dentist and wait for me while watching Benji for the two hours that we were there.
Luckily Benji had a lot more fun that I did at the dentist office!
I am so nervous and scared for the next appointment!
Columbine 27 Years Later
4 months ago
3 comments:
Poor sweet, Charbel! I feel your pain! But I'm grateful you were able to get to the dentist before your cavity turned into something worse. I'm also grateful for the kind people in Phoenix who have become such good friends to all of you and for the help they are giving you. It makes me so happy to know you aren't alone even though you are far away from us. Can't wait to see you and hug, hug, hug that darling Benji!!
I'm so sorry that you are having to suffer so much pain. I'm surprised they didn't take care of it immediately. When you say "Kill the Nerve" it sounds like you are going to have a Root Canel, where they go in and drill out the nerve so that it isn't there any more to cause you pain. I've had a couple of those and they brought so much relief from the pain that the actual operation didn't seem too bad. I hope that is the case for you. There isn't any pain that is worse than when the decay gets down into the nerve, except, maybe, when you have a baby, but then I don't know what that pain is like. :)
I hate the dentist too and am scared to go. I know i need to and maybe I will have to make an appointment soon and we can compare stories. :( I hope you are out of pain soon!
Post a Comment