23 January 2011

Night time, food and playing

Benji has been sleeping in his own room for a couple of weeks now. It was hard for us, because we were used to having him close to us at night. But being the good big boy that he is, he fell in love with his new crib and his soft mattress.  Since Daniel works at night a few times during the week, I wasn't used to letting Benji sleep alone in his room at night, and I thought that every noise in the house was someone trying to break into his room. Having the monitor also made it seem worse, because even small noises sound really loud on it. Because of that, Daniel and I decided to buy a small alarm system from Walmart. That way, I would be sure if someone tried to enter in through the window of Benjamin's room. 


The little alarm kit was enough to cover the window in Benji's room, the door that comes in from the back yard, the front door and the dining room window. 

In the past two weeks, Benjamin has learned how to eat solid foods! He eats one whole jar of Gerber baby food every time he eats. His favorite food so far has been sweet corn :) 






He loves his comfy high chair that his grandparents got him for Christmas. 

Benji also started sitting in his Bumbo Chair that Kacianna was so nice to lend him:) He is growing so fast, and now when I see him sitting, he seems like such a big boy. 




Benji also has begun to enjoy his nightly baths. I started giving him baths every night so that he knows that it is bed time and so it can help him sleep. 
Our nightly routine is:
1. He eats
2. Nightly Bath
3. I give him a little massage with baby lotion
4. I put on his pajama
5. I read him a short story from the Liahona (ensign)
6. He nurses
7. I sing him two hymns



And then, every morning we wake up and hear Benji just chatting away through the monitor and that lets us know that it is time to go and get him. It gets louder and louder until we go and get him :)

He also loves playing with his parents, and I love his big laughs. The problem is that whenever he is playing and he notices that we are recording, he just stares at the camera and stops playing. But here are a couple that we did get :)








Lastly, this week we went to get some professional pictures taken of Benji. We went to Sears, and unfortunately we couldn't order all of them, or the CD because it would have cost too much, but we were able to get a few and we can't wait to get them back because they turned out sooo cute. :)

2 comments:

Diana said...

What a fun update to read! It is so evident what a wonderful mommy you are =)

Babzanne Barker said...

I love all these adorable pictures of cute, adorable Benji!! It sounds like you are all having lots of fun together!