Sunday Morning we began our trip again to our new home. On the road we passed the hoover dam that Daniel told me about. Along the edge of the bridge there were many people stopped and out of cars looking over the edge. That was too scary for me! One of the good things that Benji got from his good time in Vegas, was that for most of the trip to Phoenix, he was asleep. Soon after leaving Las Vegas we entered into Arizona, but we still had a long way to go before getting to our new home. I saw red mountains, cactuses, and the bright sun, and I wondered if after leaving the car if I would be able to stand the heat that everyone told me was so strong.
After a few more hours we finally were at home! We went up three floors to our new family nest. Oh my goodness, when we got inside I fell in love, yes, completely of our new home which was much more than what we had seen on the internet. And yes, dad was right that this place was 10x better than our last place. (even though it was still a good place and we were greatful for it because we spent our first married year there and Benji was born there) Before continuing with the view of our new home, I want to mention that dad was in contact during the trip to tell us where he was at and we knew that he was very close to being with us at our new apartment. We are so glad that he made it safely and in only 10 hours!
Moving on, the apartment was great, but then we had to figure out how we were going to move everything up to the third floor! It was hard work. Dad and Daniel took the heaviest things up and I helped with some of the simpler things, but sometimes we got so tired that we had to take turns watching benji and resting while the other two went down to get more. Finally, we ended, a little bit late, but we all stopped suffering. ( sincerely, the job was much more difficult than can be explained here). So it was time to eat dinner, so Daniel and Dad went and picked up some Qdoba so that we could set up our temporary sleeping places to get some rest for the night, because Daniel and Dad had to get up early to go to the airport for Dad's flight. I don't have pictures of how the house was at first, we couldn't walk without stepping on something though. But today things are better and you will hear more about that .. later..
I also wanted to mention, that the sun hasn't been that bad for me, it feels less hot than where I grew up.
DAD - THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. WE COULDN"T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.
Columbine 27 Years Later
3 months ago



5 comments:
Oh man, moving everything to the third floor must have been tortuous! I am so glad that you guys made it safe and sound! I can't wait to see pictures. I am so glad that you love it, and that it doesn't feel too hot!
I loved reading this post! Moving is hard, I can't believe you three did it all on your own!! Way to go!
you guys are troopers moving all that stuff 3 floors in the heat here! Glad you made it safe and are getting settled. I'm jealous you don't think it's too hot here. I think it's so hot! My body is used to it now but when I first moved here I thought I was going to die because it's so hot. My seats and seat belt burn me every time I get in my car after work.
Great Post. I was so glad to be able to help you. I really do enjoy driving and I had never been down that road before. Did you ever figure out why the tub in the front bedroom only had scalding hot water? I'm curious to who this Mars person is. They say they knew us when you were growing up.
Dad, it's Mauri Johnson =)
Post a Comment