Well, I have kind of slacked off on updating the blog, because Daniel can't help me as much as before, but here are a few updates!
Benji started to take his first steps by himself! We are so proud of him :) And even though he won't be one for another week, (this part is going to make me cry, I can't believe he has grown up so fast!) he has started to use his new front-facing car seat. He doesn't like to miss out on the fun, so the back facing one wasn't fun for him anymore...
I am happy that Daniel didn't have to study as much this past week, so we could spend more time together. He always tells me about his classes and the cases that he is reading, some of them make him sick when he reads them he said. But he is strong, and he is doing well and will continue doing well.
About me, All of the motivation that I had for exercising is gone :( One more time I had the intention to be consistent and go to the gym, but I didn't last long again! I hate that I can't stick to it! But oh well. To help me out a little, I decided to buy some soy protein, but after a week of drinking it twice a day, the flavor wasn't good anymore. Daniel thinks I am crazy, because I am the only woman he knows that hates being called thin. But I do.
Moving on with the update, this week we started our new calling as cub scout leaders. It was fun to prepare the lesson for the boys, the game, and getting to know the boys a little bit. The best part for them, as they told us, are the snacks, hahahaha. I baked some cookies for them, and they loved them. We are so excited to keep learning with them!
We also met up with some friends from our ward with their children and we went to watch a pre-season football game - the Broncos vs the Cardinals. They picked me and Benji first and we met Daniel when he got out of class and then we all went to the game. Daniel says that he had never been to a professional football game. We had a lot of fun, and it was so great to be able to spend time with our friends and to watch the game. Benji and I spent some time there dancing every time that they played music at the stadium and Benji had an excellent night. Thanks Websters for inviting us!
Daniel has made a few good friends at school, but there is one in particular that he has become better friends with. His friend Chase. His wife and him moved here from Utah too and they went to BYU, and about a week ago they had a precious little baby girl! So we decided to take them dinner and a gift for the baby. When their cat climbed up on the couch next to Benji and got close to him, it scared him and he started screaming, it scared me too! They are very nice and we were surprised when they had a picture of them with President Obama in the White House. And they told us that her parents weren't going to meet their granddaughter until December (this reminds me of my story a little bit). The reason is because her dad is a diplomat and they are stationed in Peru currently. They were grateful for the help that we offered, and we were happy to be able to help.
Knowing that there are so many restaurants in Phoenix that have been on the show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, we decided that we have to go to all of them! We can't complain. The restaurants we have gone to so far has had really delicious food! Today we decided to try a breakfast restaurant called Over Easy. We went with our friends, the Mickelsons, and we had to wait about 25 minutes to be seated, and another 30 minutes before we got our food. It is a very popular restaurant and it was completely full and had people waiting outside. But even though it was a long wait, the food was worth it. I recommend it 100%. And it was fun to get to know our friends a little more and spend time together.
Lastly, we had the sister missionaries over tonight for dinner. It was spiritual and great to have them sharing scriptures with us and talking with them, and it made me think about my cousin, who is like my sister, and how she will be getting her mission call this week! It will be such a great blessing for her and I know she will do great. I am excited to hear where she will be going!
Columbine 27 Years Later
3 months ago

4 comments:
Does Daniel not eat anymore? He looks so skinny! Hehe. It sounds like you guys are making so many friends!! Benji is getting so big, I can't believe it :( I'm glad you were able to help your friends who just had their first baby!
Haha katie! daniel hate the picture in the game he said is very skinny but the truth is opposite ehehe he eats very much, but has lost weight! :)
-charbel
you guys are doing so many fun things! I wanted to go to the Cardinals Broncos game but we have to save money for our wedding :( looks like fun though. Once all the craziness of our wedding dies down we'll have to get together sometime! You guys are totally invited to our reception too if you want to come- I'll send you guys an invitation
It is so great to see how much fun you're having and that you're making so many friends! What a fun place for you to live! And Benji--what a cuie pie!! Can't wait to see all of you on Skype Sunday.
Post a Comment