08 October 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Ahh, I wish this week would never end! ...

Benji and I have had so much fun during dad's week off from school and we have tried to do as many things as we could. We really needed some time for relaxation and to not be stressed out about other things. But everything that starts has to end and I am wishing in my heart that Sunday is longer than the other days. :)

Even though it was a little early still, we decided to take Benji to his first Pumpkin Patch that he would be able to enjoy. (even though sincerely, Daniel and I were the ones enjoying it the most, we were having a good time with all of the fun things to do there, hahaha). Benji's favorite part was looking at the horses and the goats. But he didn't like to be to close to the roosters and chickens, and even less being by a skinny, smelly donkey.





We tried to take a few pictures in the cut outs that they had, but Benji wasn't going to have it, and it looks like Daniel wasn't too into it too, hehe. We thought that it would be fun to enter the corn maze too, but after about getting halfway through the corn maze, we thought it was long enough and were ready to get out. It was a fun Monday afternoon for our Family Home Evening.






Another part that Benji loved was playing in the jump house barn, and mom had fun going inside with him. And one scary moment was when it looked like a goat was going to jump over the fence and go up to Benji.














The funny thing is that even though we went to a pumpkin patch, we didn't even buy any pumpkins! That was because it was still too early for us to choose a pumpkin, and as it gets closer to Halloween, maybe the prices will go down.







But I have another reason ... Last year I was so excited to carve pumpkins and we had a fun time with Forrest and Katie, but when it was night time I couldn't stop thinking that the pumpkin face was staring at me and I was scared .. so the next morning I took it outside and set it next to the trash can where it rotted hahhaha :) So, I think that it is an unnecessary expense if the next day I am going to throw it away anyway (but maybe I'll think about it, it could be fun for Benji:), I know, I am weird, :)

3 comments:

Mars said...

how fun! Hasn't the weather been awesome?!?! In Arizona you really can't carve pumpkins more than a week ahead of time-it's too warm and they'll rot super fast and smell! Maybe you could find a place that sells it by weight and just get a little baby one for Benji :)

Kristalyn said...

What a fun FHE! I can just imagine how much fun Benji had. Looking at your pictures reminded me how you would always play so much with my kids and think how lucky Benji is to have such a fun mommy! :) I don't really like the pumpkin carving 'cuz of the big mess, but as the kids get older, they do seem to love it so we (David) does it and I take pictures.

Babzanne Barker said...

That is so funny about the jack-o-lantern scaring you last year! Did Daniel tell you about the Halloween when someone at the elementary school(either a teacher or a parent) put a jack-o-lantern on his head as part of his costume and nearly scared Daniel to death?! Hahaha!! I loved reading your blog--what a great memory builder. And that is a great pumpkin patch!! I remember going through a corn maze once and getting claustrophobic in the middle because I could't find my way out!